SC - Chinese Cooking in period

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Jun 18 12:04:20 PDT 1997

At 7:12 AM -0400 6/18/97, Tina Carney wrote:
>Has anyone done any research in this area?  I have a few noodle books with
>some reference but would appreciate more.

There are two secondary sources that I have seen:

Frederick J. Simoons, Food in China, CRC Press, Boca Raton 1991.

K. C. Chang, ed., _Food in Chinese Culture_, Yale University Press, 1977.

Somewhere in my files are a few period Chinese recipes that a friend came
across in a non-cookbook source and sent me. That's it so far as what I
have found.

Do your noodle books actually quote period recipes? If so, perhaps you
could post one or more.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/