Re(2)- SC - chocolate

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Wed Jun 18 15:08:05 PDT 1997

>Why jalapeno? From what little I've read, which doesn't include the
>originals,
>they seem to be talking about chili peppers, not jalapenos. They don't taste
>the same.

>Comments anyone?

>Stefan li Rous

Jalapeno was off the top of my head.  I realize they don't taste the same (I'm
partial to poblanos myself);  I'm not certain which would work best.  Try it.

As for how to do it:
1.	Put on a pair of rubber gloves (or you *will* regret it).
2.	Wash thoroughly.
3.	Chop up.
4.	I can see two ways to try this:
	a.	Steep in the hot water before you add the chocolate (otherwise it will
scorch).
	b.	Squeeze, although I never thought of Peppers as being terribly juicy -- a
little can go a long way.

I wouldn't suggest bottle pepper, but dried may work nicely.

Derdriu