Bread (was Re: SC - Catsup)

Nick Sasso (fra niccolo) grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 18 21:17:05 PDT 1997

Do remember that recipes were only written down when they needed
remembering.  The making of bread was taught to youngsters and never
forgotten by anyone; it was made so often.  My Grandmother, though not
medievel, made wonderful breads and baked goods the I will always
remember with fondness.  Alas, they passed with her as she never wrote a
recipe in her life, and no one could learn it from her.  Baking was a
sense of oneness with the ingredients as flour/water ratios varied with
each crop as well as baking day's humidity.  Flour, water, salt, slurry.

niccolo perveyor of fine slurries.............. and their resultant
beverages :o)