SC - Feast Themes-Feast of Illusion

Fri Jun 20 07:01:57 PDT 1997

  Great event! That feast is probably the highlight of any that I have
  attended in over 19 years in the SCA! Not only was the food period and
  delicious, it was so entertaining! We had a great time speculating on the
  dishes as they came out and marvelling at the work that went into the
  feast. And I understand that it was a lot of work.

It probably was.  Our local cooks guild tried the "skin removal" trick for
the farcd chickens as it was written (using a straw to inflate the skin off
the bird).  It was difficult, and almost painful.  I found it easier to use
a knife to remove the carcass from the bird and leave the skin whole. (Next
time I try it, I may use a bicycle pump with a basketball needle, instead.)

	Tibor (So there we were, me and my Baroness, blowing up chickens...)