SC - Re: Edible Flowers

Shayne & Trudi Lynch lynchs at macquarie.matra.com.au
Sat Jun 21 16:53:15 PDT 1997

>Good Gentles ,
>Here's one more for the list of edible flowers ,
>Carnations, they have a peppery flavor,according to my father that is I've
>never tried them myself.
>Deirdre

You know your in the sca when you plant carnations in your garden for the
fish dish you saw, and just had to serve at the next fest you did (they
flowered two weeks after the feast).  And the roses you plant are chosen
for the size of their hips rather than their flowers.  Then your delight
when the nasturtium comes up and you can start saving on the amount of
pepper you use..........etc,etc.

Aelfthrythe of Saxony
journeyman to Master Charles of the Park
Shayne Lynch   &      Trudi Lynch
[AKA]  Francois Henri Guyon   &   "He's like a giant boulder:
       AElfthrythe of Saxony  I   too thick to think and
lynchs at macquarie.matra.com.au I   too heavy to move" (anon.)