SC - Grains of paradise

denton at microtech.com.au denton at microtech.com.au
Sun Jun 22 01:19:19 PDT 1997

Hello everyone,

   Yet another question for all those more knowledgeable than myself.  I
have cooked for quite a few feasts, I have baked, boiled, fried, stewed,
toasted, simmered and done all the required things to raw food to make it
presentable at feasts, picnics and the like.  In all that time I have
never used a recipe that required Grains of Paradise.  Until now... I am
faced with a recipe requiring me to grind some Grains of Paradise, and
(forgive me for sounding totally stupid)  I have not the foggiest idea
what they are and what they look like.  Are they a spice or a herb?  Can
some wise veteran cook please tell me what a Grain of Paradise is and
give me an idea of what sort of shop I can get them from?
Apologies for my ignorance.
- -Sianan