SC - Pulca

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 05:31:23 PDT 1997

<< I was thinking of pulca, and it has the mescaline from the cactus that
they use for the drink.  I believe, and I'm not sure of this, that tequila
was a descendant of this.>>

Pulca is produced by cooking the heart of the Blue Agave (not a cactus). The
resulting cooked heart is mashed and left to ferment. After and few days, the
liquid is drawn off. This liquid is pulca. It is foul tasting, IMO. Further
processing thru distillation produces tequila.

<<  As I understand it, there are a couple of brands of tequila that have
slight halucanegenic properties,  >>

The so-called "hallucenogenic" properties of tequila, specifically "Mezcal"
are old wive's tales and have no basis in fact. The word "mescaline" which is
a hallucinogenic drug contained in a small button cactus is not related to
Mezcal which is produced from a very large agave.

The myth that Mezcal is hallucinogenic is derived from the imagined
similarities between the name of the drug and the name of this product.

Lord Ras