SC - Re: Marzipan texture

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 07:31:49 PDT 1997

<<  I often wonder just how "smooth"
 >medieval almond paste was compared to what I can get from the
 >processor.  They had plenty of time and lots of muscle power. >>

Surprising smooth, IMO. To test> take 2 or 3 almonds and grind them in a
mortar and pestle. With a little elbow grease these may be made to come out
extremely smooth and pasty. During the middle ages, there were "professional"
people who made the rounds, so to speak, grinding various spices, etc. in
large batches.

Lord Ras