SC - Feast planning

Peters, Rise J. PETERSR at spiegel.becltd.com
Tue Jun 24 15:27:44 PDT 1997

I'm scheduled to be head cook for a feast in September (at the Firedrake
event).  I'm working on planning a feast menu now, so I can do some "test
cooking" at Pennsic.  I'll have two big open grills and a two-burner gas
stove on site, and I'd like to do some amount of cooking off-site in advance
(which means the products would be served cold).  I'm figuring we'll have
about 50 folks on-board.

What sorts of dishes have folks had good luck with cooking on a grill?
 We've done pork roast before, but other than that have had problems with
meat getting dry and overdone.  I'd be interested in other ideas.

Thanks--

Caitlin