SC - Trois Creme

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Fri Jun 27 06:02:41 PDT 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Mark Harris wrote:
>
> > Hmm. Does anyone have medieval foods that they like making but that
> > they don't like to eat?
>
> I feel that that is the mark of a true cook. It's a lot easier to be
> objective with the foods you love. Dealing judiciously with the foods
> you don't care for is a lot more difficult.

When I started doing SCA cooking, I was given some weird advice.  I was
told that when you cook a feast, it is good idea to include something on
the menu that you don't like.  This way people cannot claim that "you're
just making your favorite dishes...".  Also, it serves as a reminder that
people's tastes vary and something that you might not like might be
enjoyed by the masses.

Kael

who recently made about 2 gallons of Hummous and cannot stand chick peas,
but it got good reviews.