SC - cooking frumenty for the masses

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at ki.se
Sun Jun 29 23:06:52 PDT 1997

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997 DianaFiona at aol.com wrote:

> food in clean ice chests. With the bulgar, we just put it in there and poured
> the boiling broth on it right in place. Placing a clean towel under the lid

> you want to stay dry. You do have to be a bit careful--I put the pork dish in
> an ice chest *right* after it came bubbling from the oven and the extreem
> heat of the oily broth warped the sides a bit. Fortunately, it was my own ice

I would advice a certain level of caution here: not all plastics are
suitable for storing hot, oily foods in. Cold, non-greasy food should be
ok in just about any such container, but hot and greasy can leach out
nasties from the plastic. Generally not acutely toxic, but still...

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
/earth is 98% full. Please remove any excess inhabitants.