Re(2): Re(2): SC - mustard history

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Mon Jun 30 12:33:48 PDT 1997

Katerine/Terry writes:

> If he does, and if the joint was only just starting to turn,
>then what you wind up with is not rotten meat.  Certainly not top quality,
>but not rotten either.

When I wrote initially, I wrote "spoiling" as in beginning to go bad, not
"spoiled" as in has gone bad.  I do not believe that Markham ever suggested
that anyone eat spoiled meat. Considering all his health philosophy
interspersed in his cooking section, I would think that he thought this should
only be used as a last resort, not on a frequent basis.

Derdriu