SC - Mediterranean Feast

Tue Jun 3 11:13:00 PDT 1997

  AHEM! :)  There are a couple of dishes I serve that there's *never*
  enough of - one is hummus (a chickpea/garlic/lemon puree) with pita
  bread, greek olives and feta cheese; and the other is falafel (the
  original Arab veggie burger).  Falafel is best when you can get fresh
  fava beans, but the mix ain't half bad in a pinch (not especially
  when you live in southern Utah and there isn't a Middle Eastern
  restaurant or deli for 180 miles!).

I wasn't aware these were period.

Falafel with Fava?  I've always seen it as prepared with chickpeas/ceci
beans/garbanzo beans.  (3 name for the same thing.)  Is yours a misprint, or
where did you get Favas?  How are they different?

	Tibor