SC - RE: Biggest feast anyone would want to do

Thu Jun 5 08:34:40 PDT 1997

  Ice Dragon, (Annual March event) Rhydderich Hael Barony (Buffalo, NY)
  For several years, the Cooks' Guild served on-board to 250.  When the
  off-board grew to nearly that size, the officers asked for the cut-off to
  be moved up, but none of the cooks wanted to do it, so Ice Dragon feasts have
  been catered ever since.  Last feast was nearly 450.

I wasn't part of the feast crew, but I think I recall a feast in Carolingia
(all period, multiple courses, with sotelties and each serving tray having a
custom decoration) for about 400.  It was a Crown Tourney.

We had 3 head cooks, each with a course, a separate soteltie crew, and
another crew making the decorations.  It was QUITE an effort.  We rented a
High School, and used a kitchen that cooks routinely for about 1000 for the
meal.

	Tibor