SC - Period Recipes

Peters, Rise J. PETERSR at spiegel.becltd.com
Thu Jun 5 13:14:55 PDT 1997

Volker AElfwine asked:

>Does anyone have any suggestions of a fun, easy meal over a campfire,
>for say 3 people?  I have an event this weekend and there is no feast,
>and I am planning my meals.  Period or not, I am looking for ideas.

The absolute easiest camping meal is foil dinners.  Get a hot bed of coals,
take three sheets of heavy duty tinfoil, and give one to each camper.  Let
each choose his/her own proportion of meat (hamburger in a patty and/or
sliced kielbasa work well; you need something with some grease), sliced
veggies (we use carrots, onions, mushrooms, and potatoes; YMMV), salt and
pepper.  Fold the long ends of the tinfoil up until they meet, then roll
them down together; then tuck and roll the short ends in (the goal is a
sealed tin envelope in which the food cooks by steam and pressure).  Put it
on the coals; come back 40 minutes later (you can turn it if you want; you
don't need to, and you risk puncturing the outside).

Shis-kebab works nicely but don't use chicken unless you parboil first.