SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #147

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at postoffice.ptd.net
Mon Jun 9 04:40:32 PDT 1997

Heigh Ho Folks! Aoife here, now somewhat recovered from Crown....Viscount
Yngvar the Dismal and his wonderful Lady, Viscountess Caryl Olegsdottir will
be the first King and Queen of Aethelmearc, and a glorious day it was, too.

I was priviledged to use a number of tid-bits from the list for the menu and
kitchen surroundings, and for that I wish to thank you all very publicly.

I gave your cheese goo recipes to Lord Valerie Killmister, and instructed
him to have at it, in the Brie version. His Majesty of the East was so
taken, I had to give up MY portion, but with accolades like that, who cares?
We served it spread on whole loaves sliced in half horizontally (round) and
garnished with ham escarbuncles (thus making the snow-flake type badge of
Aethelmearc, in color-reverse). Oddly enough, Valerie refused to taste the
cheese goo. It contained vegetable matter (onions), which he stoutly refuses
to eat, even if they are invisible, and he's made the dish himself ;^D.

I bought a greaseproof antifatigue mat at Sam's Club for $28.00, and it
saved my life. Ditto the special shoe inserts, frequent stops to ice the
knee, lots of bubbly water (strawberry flavored), and no less than four
(FOUR!) backrubs. In short, it was mahvelous. Your collective advice was
very sound.

I know a number of the subscribers to this list who were present, and I hope
to get to see them live and in person some day (I was sooooo hoping to put
faces to the names). I know you guys were there....I heard your names being
bandied about.

I was able to publish the recipes in pamphlet form ahead of time for the
feast, and lucky enough to be able to stick to them. All the copies that
were made (25) dissapeared--laid out next to the dishwashing station set up
after the feast. Does anyone else do this? My main goal is to save myself
the clean-up time lost when 10 people come to the kitchen seperately and
ask: "What was that stuff and how do you make it?"

Thanks again, Folks. The feast was proof posative that GOOD THINGS come from
SCA-Cooks.

Aoife