SC - Period Recipes

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Tue Jun 10 09:20:03 PDT 1997

> I don't do the SCA to do modern things.  Therefore, I don't do
> modern cookery as an SCA thing.  New World ingredients, to me, just
> aren't period cookery.  It isn't the kind of fun I want to have.  I
> don't want to have Pizza and Corn Chips at events, even if you COULD
> document them.  (And that is the principal difference between me and
> so many.  I don't WANT fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, with green
> and black eyed peas, even though you CAN document a lot of it.)
> That's for the weekdays.

This nails it on the head for me!  I'm sorry for kind of a me, too
posting, but I am so strongly offended by being offered chocolate
chip cookies and being told that it's okay, chocolate being period is
so-and-so's whim, I could just scream.  As I said in an earlier post,
we have five days of the week to eat pizza, cornchips, chocolate chip
cookies.  I don't *want* them at feasts.  I don't want to order a
hamburger when I go to a Thai restaurant, either!

Berengaria

jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
University of Denver
College of Law