SC - Migraines

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Thu Jun 12 13:37:18 PDT 1997

>Some people response very well to eating a few leaves of feverfew with
>bread and butter or drinking it as a tea.  It is very bitter which is why
>some people eat it with the B & B.  Feverfew is being used in research for
>migraines by the FDA.  Somewhere I have some info on the active chemicals
>for the herb...  You could try it in tincture form as well.

>Clare

Been there; tried that.  Didn't notice any appreciable relief.  I owuldn't
recommend trying feverfew in tincture form unless one can *really* tolerate
bitter.  I tried it as a tea and couldn't get it down -- even when flavored
with mint, all I got was a bitter mint drink with a foul aftertaste.  This
stuff is worse than aspirin (which is why I think they tell you to eat in in
bread).  I also tried making my own capsules of it, but, like I said, not much
relief.  Then again, mine are *really* stubborn at times.

The reason why I was asking about caffeine is I use caffeine to help control
vasodilation which can trigger my migraines.  I am one of the few people you
will ever meet who is *supposed* to keep caffeine in their systems.  I was
just looking for a period beverage to help with that goal.

Derdriu