SC - Concord Grapes

MS MARTHA L WALLENHORST Annejke at prodigy.com
Mon Jun 16 08:04:49 PDT 1997

> There is a HUGE Concord Grape vine(s)  growing in my new backyard.
I was
> told by neighbors that it yielded gallons of grapes last year.
> Does anyone know of anything within period that these could be used
for?
> All the talk of cordials/liqueurs has me hoping. Same neighbor made
23
> bottles of wine from them.
>
> Thanks ahead of time,
> ~Lady Irissa

Lady, I have a more practical mind (as I beleive my ancestors would
have).  I also have Concord grapes in the back yard.  They come ready
every year the middle weekend of Pennsic.  I pick them and wash them
and put them in the frig.  By the time I get home they are too soft
to eat, I can't drink wine, so I make vinegar from them.  I use said
vinegar at events (I wouldn't be able to use it all if I didn't).  If
folk want to complain that I didn't use period grapes that's fine.  I
don't won them.  These I grew, so like my Dutch ancestors who refused
to allow anything go to waste, I use them and people can grummble all
they like.  I won't waste food.

Annejke