SC - Re: turnips

Tue Jun 17 08:53:18 PDT 1997

  > De Rutebagae non Disputandum son.  (:-)  Or something very like that.

  My money's on kohlrabi! Though daikon sounds good, too.

Kohlrabi.  Yummm.   I would think it a bit too zesty... but worth
considering.  (My mother used to be *astonished* at the quantity of raw
kohlrabi I would consume at one sitting.  And not a tiny bit upset: that
stuff cost money.)

For those of you unfamiliar with kohlrabi, it is a root vegetable, rather
ball shaped, and with several stalks arising from various places on the top
hemisphere of the root.  It is a vaguely "institutional green", and we used
to peel and slice it into salads.  Taste and texture similar to radishes
that are slightly sharp.

I have no idea if it is period.  I do know it is delicious.

	Tibor