Re(2): SC - Has anyone heard(w

Volker AElfwine volker_aelfwine at juno.com
Thu Jun 19 02:13:50 PDT 1997

>>I know that they made another fermented drink out of chewed cactus,
>>fermented, that is the predicessor of Tequilla, and had Mescaline in
>it, but I didn't think that the mead had those properties(Brings a whole

>new side of "Here, try this" at events :)
>
>>	Volker
>

>Are you thinking about pulca (sp?)?  That stuff is the Mexican
>equivalent of rotgut.  It's made from the same plant as tequila -- the
agave plant,
>but done with a fast fermenting yeast.  I don't know about the mescaline

>though.
>
>During festivals, the elders of the villages parade around the icon of
>their patron saint and sit and drink pulca with it -- including filling
>mason jar for the saint.
>
>Derdriu

	I was thinking of pulca, and it has the mescaline from the cactus
that they use for the drink.  I believe, and I'm not sure of this, that
tequila was a descendant of this.  As I understand it, there are a couple
of brands of tequila that have slight halucanegenic properties, and that
some people, such as myself, cannot stand tequila because of adverse
reactions after drinking copious amounts of the stuff.

	But, back to my original question, does anyone have a recipie, or
a suggested area to look for one, for a mesoamerican mead?

	One more question, and that's it, I promise.  Are there any
members of the Meridian Brewers Guild out there.  A year ago I was a
member, and from their charter I helped form a kingdom brewing guild in
the Outlands.  I would really like to talk to someone, if nothing else to
thank them.

	Volker AElfwine
	Volker_AElfwine at Juno.com

PS Okay, I lied, sorry.  Is there anyone on here from the Barony of
Arenal, K. of Meridies?