SC - Views on Riley

Lenny Zimmermann zarlor at acm.org
Thu Jun 19 10:07:18 PDT 1997

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 07:53:07 +1000, Melissa Hicks

>For an upcoming Light supper (to accompany a Ball) I have been given two
>recipes that the autocrat would like me to cook.  The recipes are from:
>
>        Riley, Gillian     Painters and food: renaissance recipes
>
>The two recipes I have been asked to cook are Almond Cookies (p??) and
>Raspberry Cream (p88).  Unfortunately the autocrat has only photocopied the
>modern redactions for these recipes.  I do not have access to the originals.
>
>Has anyone worked from this book before?  How faithful are these redactions?
>Has anyone made either recipe?

Unfortunately Ms. Riley does not include the originals anywhere in the
book. She does list, or at least give some good clues, as to where she
got the recipes. I'm going to be trying to track down her sources, but
I don't think I will have anything helpful for you in the short term.
Sorry.

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(mka Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)