SC - Feeding non-medieval t

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jun 23 15:36:47 PDT 1997

Juana Teresa de Salamanca said today, June 23:

So, it sounds like I can fill up the totally-non-interested folks with
roast meat & bread & custard & perhaps an "un-fruited" meat pie.  Then,
I can jazz up the table with a few sexy, exotic, authentic dishes and
everyone will be happy.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU EVERYONE!  Now
I can relax, and concentrate on designing the wedding gown and
calligraphing the invitations.

But what are you serving as a beverage? For our medieval style wedding
we served serkanjebaun (I'm not sure of the spelling), the middle eastern
mint drink. It went over well, even those who were not SCA folks.

Of course, you could serve beer, wine or mead, but not everyone will
want alcoholic beverages and it might be good to have something else,
anyway.

There are several recipes for this and similar drinks in my beverages
file and of course it is also in Duke Cariadoc's Miscellanea.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com