SC - Frumenty for the masses, continued

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jun 27 05:38:26 PDT 1997

Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:

> Keep those ideas coming!
> Oh, and Adamintus? While the Frugal Gourmets Mushroom pilaf isn't the
> most period of prepartaions, our version of frumenty with funges on top
> is. Yum! Seems a great idea never goes out of style...

Yup, James Beard's version is good, too, although I suspect both are
more closely related to krupnik than frumenty, despite Smith's claim
that his is a Scots dish. Definitely a felicitous combination, though,
especially with excessive amounts of chopped parsley! On with the
medieval food, though...

Adamantius