SC - Galingale Liqeur Receipt at last

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jun 3 19:05:53 PDT 1997

Martin G. Diehl wrote:
> As
> to taste, the Everclear has a rougher tase than the vodka, and I
> haven't been able to get rid of it.

Just out of curiosity, how long are you aging your liquers?  Many
recipes seem to feel that their products are good to drink after about
six weeks, but I tend to find them harsh and unpleasant until at least
six months have passed. A year would be better.

> As I see it, the only advantage of using Everclear is that by using
> less water to dilute it, you could get a higher alcohol content but
> then you would have less taste not more.

Then, of course, there's the purchase/travel weight issue. Instant
vodka! Just add water! You'd think this would be insignificant unless
you're buying a 55-gallon drum, but you never know...

Adamantius