SC - Vinegar/verjuice

Emily Epstein epsteine at spot.Colorado.EDU
Thu Jun 5 08:42:23 PDT 1997

Greetings from Alix Mont de fer.

I think I've caught up on this thread now. If you have the materials to
make your own verjuice, that's wonderful. However, if you have access to a
grocery that serves a middle-eastern clientele, they usually carry sour
grape juice. I don't know if it's exactly like the product made in period,
but it's cheap, and it seems to work, imparting a nice sharpness and
sourness without the distinctive flavors of acetic acid or citrus.

Alix