SC - All Members

Thu Jun 5 10:35:35 PDT 1997

Lord Mikael McCue wrote:
  I would think that most of you can put many of the posters here into one
  of those two categories.  And I hope that you can see that many of us in
  the second group (note I include myself) can feel intimidated by the
  members of the first group.  Hat-a-phobia and/or Laurel-o-phobia can be a
  very detering force for someone just starting out.

I'm not much of a *hat*, but I am a mildly experienced, and wildly
enthusiastic cook.  I will learn from anyone, anytime, and I want to share
what I have learned.  (Much of what I've learned has come from others: I
feel obliged to follow in their footsteps.)  Am I a "hat"?  I doubt it, but
since it isn't relevant to anything here, it doesn't matter.

                       Very soon afterward she had a number of people asking
  her what her documentation were.  IIRC Duke Cariadoc was one of these
  people.  Now I know that His Grace has a large quantity of information
  about Mid-Eastern cooking, and I hold him as an extremely reputably
  source for information in this field.

Cariadoc would never have gotten where he is today, if he wasn't willing to
learn.  I dare say he takes his "Laurel" less seriously than you do (in the
sense of it being a graduation exercise that marks the termination of his
learning.)

Laurel's come to those that love to learn, do and teach.  The bestowal of a
Laurel does not present a change in their personality.  They will always
love to learn, do and teach.

	Tibor	(Not a Laurel, and I have no kingdom or baronial arts
		awards, either.)