SC - All Members

Stephanie Rudin rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Thu Jun 5 15:08:40 PDT 1997

Subject: Re: SC - All Members
Author:  sca-cooks at eden.com at SMTP
Date:    6/4/97 9:46 PM

     I don't know if it is period or not but it sounds a lot like what I
     call pasta carbonara without the pepper, and you're right it is
     addictive.

     Mercedes

Pasta with bacon (ITP?)

Cook 1 lb pasta as usual (I tend to use angel hair, but I would bet
Linguine is more period).  While pasta is cooking, boil about 1 cup olive
oil.  Toss in the oil about 3-4 cloves garlic (crushed) and about 1/2 a
package of bacon, cut into small pieces. Continue boiling until the bacon
is cooked. Immediately after straining the pasta, combine the pasta, the
oil mixture (hot), 2 eggs, and about 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese (romano,
parmesean...).  Toss the mixture and serve (the eggs should be cooked by
the heat of the pasta and the oil)

I know this would send people's cholesterol levels through the roof, but I
have found it to be highly addictive.

Anyhow, I've rambled for far too long.

Kael
AKA Lord Mikael McCue