SC - Gulyas Revisited

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Sun Jun 15 16:20:49 PDT 1997

A few days ago there was a thread on paprika and gulyas if I remember
correctly. Although the following information is not from a period source, it
is from a writer that I admire and respect completely. So for what it's worth
this may provide a start on finally answering the paprika question.

>From "Jane Grigson's Vegetable Book", pg.377:

"..........Even after the discovery of America it took time - the red dishes
of Hungarian cookery, paprikas and gulyas, date from the 17th and 18th
centuries only......."

Hope this helps somewhat.

Lord Ras