SC - Views on Riley ??

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Wed Jun 18 16:12:16 PDT 1997

Melissa Hicks wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> For an upcoming Light supper (to accompany a Ball) I have been given
> two recipes that the autocrat would like me to cook.  The recipes
> are from:
>
>         Riley, Gillian     Painters and Food: Renaissance Recipes
>
> The two recipes I have been asked to cook are Almond Cookies (p??)
> and Raspberry Cream (p88).  Unfortunately the autocrat has
[snip]
> I do not have access to the originals.

[snip]

Greetings to m'Lady Meliora de Curci as well as to all of the other
	     fine cooks of the SCA here assembled,

I have been using this cookbook for awhile.  Since the book does
not include any facsimiles of the original recipes, we cannot assess
how accurately the redactions were done.  It is a beautiful book
and the recipes were easy for this inexpert cook to follow.

I have used the some of the recipes at events and did not get any
negative comments, but then again, no questions were asked either.

Perhaps someone should invite the author to join our list.  The
publisher's eMail address is INFO at PomPub.com and I understand they
will pass this along to the author.

I am,
Vinchenzio Martinus di Mazza,
In Service to the Dream