SC - Strawberries

linneah at erols.com linneah at erols.com
Wed Jun 18 20:01:15 PDT 1997

JANINE BRANNON wrote:

> 'tis the season, and I find myself with an overabundance of strawberries
> due to taking overzealous children on a picking expedition.  So....
>
> "are strawberries period" and "any recipes?"
>
> OOOH - OOOH  What about that "fruit roll-up" type thing?  Would fresh
> strawberries be good for that?  I will be making all the mandatory pies,
> jams, etc., but wanted to do something different.
>
> Awaiting your inspirations....
>
> Magdalene

If you can't find anything to do with them right away, wash and stem them, put
them on a waxpaper covered cookie sheet and freeze them.  Transfer them to a
plastic container or bag and keep in the freezer.  They will keep for quite a
long time.  They will turn to mush after thawing so the recipies in which you
choose to use them should take that into concideration.

Linneah
Who knows that a Chevrolet really a small goat cheese