SC - RE: Meat -- Roman roasted meat

Nick Sasso (fra niccolo) grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 23 15:26:24 PDT 1997

Peters, Rise J. wrote:

> >>Sadly, I remembered parts of two recipes on the same page.
>
> What was the other one?  And where does the slathering with honey come
> in?
>  Frankly, the salt crust with the honey sounds absolutely
> scrumptious.  I'm
> sorry it was a figment of your memory but may do it anyway.
>
> What roasting temp (usually I cook everything at 400 degrees unless
> told
> otherwise...)

The error was not the existance of the salt/honey roast, but that there
were added herbs.  The two recipes are 1) salted and honey  &  2) herb
marinated.

The recipe for the salt/ honey does exist, and roasting time/temp varies
based on size and shape of roast.  I stay in the 300-325F range until
done.  cover with honey and palce in turned-off oven.  Shred or
slice.....I usually end up slicing, though every other person locally
shreds/pulls theirs with forks.

- --
In Humble Service to God and Crown;

fra nicolo difrancesco