SC - Feast planning

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Tue Jun 24 14:51:49 PDT 1997

> What sorts of dishes have folks had good luck with cooking on a grill?
>  We've done pork roast before, but other than that have had problems with
> meat getting dry and overdone.  I'd be interested in other ideas.
>
> Thanks--
>
> Caitlin

One thing that we do before feasts, and especially before grilling, is to boil
chickens first.  Boil them until they are partially cooked but not falling off the
bone. Then cool and place in whatever marinade you desire.  Then grill them until
they are brown and done.  You shouldn't have the problems with drying when done
this way.  Also, this way they cook up fairly quickly and you can serve the
chicken hot.

I hope this helps.

Yers,

Gunthar