SC - peony

Terry Nutter gfrose at cotton.vislab.olemiss.edu
Wed Jun 25 21:44:29 PDT 1997

Hi, Katerine here.  Siencgiefu asks:

>Hello!  Does anyone know if peony flowers & buds are edible?
>
>There is a recipe for pyony (sp?) in Curye on Inglyssh.

Pyany; it's the second recipe in Utilis Coquinario.

My copy of CoI is currently packed (I'm in the process of moving), and
so I can't look up the recipe.  However, from my project on analyzing
ingredients, I see that it noted it as calling for flowers and seeds.
If "pyany" meant pinola, what on earth would pinola *flowers* be?  So
I am inclined to agree with the "peony" reading.  But perhaps someone
else has more conclusive data.

Cheers,

- -- Katerine/Terry