SC - Yolks and Copyright

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Thu May 1 06:15:27 PDT 1997

Lord Mandrigal,

I hope you aren't leaving due to our misunderstanding.  I haven't even
had a chance to apologize publicly for any miscommunication and
subsequent hard feelings that may have come about from our exchange.  I
never meant to offend or dishonor anyone, especially you.  I just thought
we were sharing a difference in opinions.

As for the lack of communication between you and others on the server, I
cannot answer for each person, but I find many items of interest each
time I check my mail.  I simply don't have time to answer all of them
that I would like to.  My original response to your post was only to say
that substitutions are not necessarily bad.  There may be just cause for
such substitutions and we should be aware of that as a society.  That's
all.  I never meant any harm whatsoever.  The ensuing discourse among
list members has been intriguing, to say the least.

If you are intent on leaving the server, you will be missed.  I know we
cannot make you stay, but I would ask that you give us more time.  You
have been here longer than I have (I have postings from my first day on
the list stored in memory) and our exchange was the most philosophical
debate I had encountered in a while.  Not many are willing to have their
ideas disagreed with to the extent we did.  I think it is honorable that
there were no hard feelings and we accepted that we would just have to
agree to disagree.

I am learning more each day from these postings.  I would ask that you
stay and share your wisdom with us.  Enter into discourse and enlighten
us with your viewpoint.  You could be a catalyst for new ideas as the
Society enters a new era.

I do hope you will stay.

Genevieve de Vaux