SC - Mushrooms!

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Fri May 2 10:29:34 PDT 1997

Reading across the posts of trying to create garlic oil reminded me of an
ill-fated experiment trying to make flower oil for baths.  I put the flowers
in the oil as I was supposed to, put it in the sun, shook it twice a day for
two weeks, all as the recipe I had called for.  What the recipe left out was
some sort of fixative/preservative to prevent the whole mess from decaying.  I
had a rather rancid flower oil -- so bad, I threw out the whole mess, jar and
all.

I believe stearic benzoin is safe for human consumption, but the incident is
sufficiently long ago that I would like to do some re-research before I am
quoted on this.  Does anyone else know?

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com