SC - Mushrooms!

Philip W. Troy troy at asan.com
Fri May 2 22:17:04 PDT 1997

Mushrooms can be frozen, if they are sauted first.
I usually slice them and then saute in a good olive oil
until the water is cooked out. This will keep in the
refrigerator for a couple of weeks or frozen.

A friend of mine cooks them this way with garlic, but
I am allergic to the stinking rose.

Herbal Oils, you must have totaly DRY herbs for
getting the flavor into the oil, I don't mean dried herbs, I
mean no surface moisture at all, a hair dryer works, a
warm oven (150 - 200 ) or a drying rack (very period dried stuff)
work well to get that moisture off

Susan

dragon7777 at juno.com