SC - New to the list

Christi Redeker (Contractor) C-Redeker at mail.dec.com
Fri May 9 09:05:25 PDT 1997

<< I know it is a distilled alcoholic beverage of some type. But what is it
made
 of?

Cognac is heaven in a botle.:-) It is specifically made in the valley of
Cognac in France from Champagne (chardonay grapes). Lesser imitations are
known as brandy. :-)

<<Is it period?>>

Yes

<< What makes a good bottle of cognac?>>

Expert vinting, careful distillation and Several years of sitting in an oak
cask

<<Are there period food recipes that use it? >>

I sincerely hope not! It would be a great wrong to waste fine cognac in
cooking. It was intended to be sipped slowly with a fine cigar in front of a
fireplace. (I know cigars aren't period but with a fine cognac the "creative"
part usually wins over! :-))

Lord Ras