SC - By way of Introduction

Donna J. White 1djw5827 at unixstew.tstc.edu
Tue May 13 19:44:47 PDT 1997

Greetings all,

I have just subscribed to this list, and only recently subscribed to
SCA-east, where I heard about this one.  I have been in the SCA in a kind of
passing fashion for about 3 years now.   I've only been to 2 events, and I
used to make it to meetings in the town I was living in when I could(which
was infrequently).  I've only recently moved into the Hudson Valley area and
haven't made any local connections yet.  I was from the Barony of Wurm Wald,
in mundane Illinois.

Currently I am a student at the Culinary Institute of America, studying to be
a chef.  Unfortunately, the history of cooking that they teach doesn't extend
very far past Escoffier, and for the most part the school isn't a very good
source on period food.
I am looking for any information you might have.

My interests include brewing, primarily meads and ciders.  Cheesemaking.  And
any and all information about period food.

One note, please excuse my email address.  I wanted something that less than
one hundred other people used and began to get irritated when all my ideas
were getting shot down.  I typed it in and it stuck.

Thank you,

Michael Farrell