SC - redactions

Wed May 14 08:22:10 PDT 1997

                                             I was wondering what format the
  mini-feast should take? Should I do the testing in the same
  order/combonations as the actual feast or do a buffet-type thing where guests
  could taste and pick at will?

Around here, the head cook tends to make each dish in isolation, a few
times, until they are happy.  The "mini-feast" (also called a trial or pre-
feast) is cooked in the head chefs home, with the assistance of the main
cooking staff.  Everyone becomes familiar with the recipes, and timing is
tested, and things are served as they would be in the real feast.

Usually, the autocrat and other key staff are invited to eat... as more food
is produced than can be consumed by the cooks.

Notes are taken, and recipes mildly revised (or sometimes majorly revised: I
recall one feast where 3 chicken recipes were discarded before the fourth
was finally accepted.)

Just one person's experience, with one location.

	Tibor