SC - Ginger ale (as an offshoot from Kvass)

Philip E Cutone flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu May 15 07:29:54 PDT 1997

> A novice might also try to resist the tendency to use the same combinations
of
> spices all the time.  The problem with today's "Curry Powder", for example,
is
> that it leaves all dishes tasting the same.  Better to mix your own and
> experiment, with curries and other dishes, until you have something you
like,
> but don't use it in everything, even if the dish calls for the same spices
as
> another you have made.

Even as a novice I had the bad habit of not measuring what I used and not
writing it down -- going by feel.  Unfortunately, that has lead to a lot of
really good lost recipes (I never can recreate the same blend twice :-(  ).
But that also means that my soups never taste quite the same twice in a row.

> Remembering that variety is the "spice" of life

Does it turn your eyes blue?  *ducking*

> Linneah

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com