SC - Game pies

S. Noss snoss at u.washington.edu
Fri May 16 10:07:23 PDT 1997

Greetings good Gentles,

I'm Lady Deirdre MacNamara, I live in the Barony of the Bridge. I've been
active in the SCA for nearly 5 years. With an interest in cooking since I was
old enough to get near the stove.I have not yet cooked a feast all on my own
though I've helped in the kitchen at most of the events held here in Bridge
that had a feast.

Now for the question .I'm getting married in September and would like to make
preserves or a jelly of some kind as favors. What I need to know is how
period are preserves and jelly? Also what types of fruit would have been
used? One last thing does anyone have recepies or redactions?
Thank you all for time .

Deirdre