SC - Edible Flowers

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Mon May 19 17:53:26 PDT 1997

> Im the class I am currently in we had to make a sausage named landjager.  It
> is a German sausage that is smoked then air-dried.  When finished it is
> preserved and can be carried around at room temperature no problem.
>
> Does anyone know if this sausage is period?  If it is it would make wonderful
> camp food.  If this particular recipe isn't period do you know of any other
> sausages that are?  Particularly cured sausages.

It does indeed make wonderful camp food: we've taken a bunch of them to
Pennsic each of the last several years.  I have no idea whether it's
period.  Lots of sausage recipes survive from the Middle Ages and
Renaissance, and I'd be surprised if they didn't include smoked-and-
dried varieties, but I haven't studied them.

					mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib
                                                 Stephen Bloch
                                           sbloch at panther.adelphi.edu
					 http://www.adelphi.edu/~sbloch/