SC - Hello--this is the requested intro by a newcomer.

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue May 20 06:52:39 PDT 1997

- ----------
From: 	Christi Redeker (Contractor)
Sent: 	Monday, May 19, 1997 6:15 AM
To: 	'liontamr at postoffice.ptd.net'
Subject: 	RE: SC - Cook's Knees

1)  Baby background on my knees, I have two doctors who wanted to remove =
an inch or more of tendon and ligament from both sides of both knees.  I =
wouldn't allow it.  I do rehab work on my knees three times a week and =
have done this for over four years now.  I know what you are going =
through.

2)  Wrap your knees.  Knee braces of elastic bandages, or anything else =
you can use for extra support.  It will take more of the pressure off of =
your knees.=20

3)  When ever you are cutting or anything else where you CAN sit, use =
ice on them.  It will help keep them from swelling. =20

4)  Don't turn to much on them, if there is something you need that you =
can take extra steps to reach and not pivot on your knees, take the =
extra steps. =20

5)  Use a young helper to fetch things for you.  Assign someone (I =
prefer a child over the age of 12) to be your right hand.  Ask them to =
get the things you need instead of walking to get them your self.

6)  MOST IMPORTANT!! Take breaks for yourself!  No one will think you =
lazy if you can't go on.  Just sit and take a minute or two to rest your =
knees.

=20