Re(2): Re(2): SC - butter

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Tue May 20 13:42:53 PDT 1997

> Hi, Katerine here.  Clare writes:
>
> >It [Dawson] also contains a recipe for almond
> >butter
>
> There are at least six recipes for almond butter extant from the 14th and
> 15th centuries in England.  However, there is no evidence that it was used
> as a spread.  It seems to have been served sliced as a dish.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Katerine/Terry

Markham has a recipe for roasted butter.  Basically you beat some eggs and
sugar (I think) into some butter, dredge it, and roast it.  While you roast
it, you need to keep dredging it.  Markham says it was very popular.

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com