SC - Napkins in period (Italy c1420's)

charles at macquarie.matra.com.au charles at macquarie.matra.com.au
Fri May 2 18:45:25 PDT 1997

Hi,
As part of the "Good Food Feast" we want to provide each guest with a damask
napkin.  From period paintings we know that napkins were used in period. But
how were they presented - was napkin folding a period practice? What type
of rings were used. We are thing of either using red ribbon to tie the napkins or
fancy folding. I would like to have some historical support for either method.

Can anyone help with some information? Our feast is set in the 1420's with
an Italian bent.

Charles of the Park
- --
Charles Dean    charles at macquarie.matra.com.au
Matra Internetworks - Internet service providers.
Ph (06) 251 6730  Fax (06) 253 4840
PO BOX 714, Jamison Centre, ACT 2614 AUSTRALIA