SC - period seed sources

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon May 5 14:31:35 PDT 1997

On Saturday, May 3, Lord Ras said:

<< the Italian Edible
 Gourd is a species of Lagenaria and available from, among others, J.L.
 Hudson, Seedman (P.O.Box 1058, Redwood City, CA 94064). >>

This is the species that I referred to as the Luffa Gourd (sponge). J.L.
Hudson is an excellent source for exotic seeds from all over the world!
Highly recommended! Their catalog is a reference source that is invaluable to
any serious horticulturist/gardener. Luffa seeds are also carried by local
sores and all major seed companys including Burpee.

For any of you interested in locating seeds so that you might grow various
medieval plants, there are a number of seed venders mentioned in this file
in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of my SCA Rialto Files:

seeds-msg         (41K)  9/15/95    Sources for period plants and seeds.

And at the risk of being repetitive, my files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com