SC - TI

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Thu May 29 07:06:33 PDT 1997

I would just like to thank Cariadoc's dear lady for her wonderful article in the
last TI.  I'm planning on attending Pennsic this year and hope to make some of
those terrific "coolerless" dishes to suppliment our regular meals.

I also wish to thank the members of this list for changing many of my attitudes
about period cooking.  I have had so many bad expiriences with "authentic cooks"
that I would forgo period recipes for "period-like" recipes that people would eat.
Now I'm a convert to all period foods at the feasts I do and am trying to start
doing the period camp food thing.  Thank you Elizabeth!

I'm hoping to cook up most or all of the dishes mentioned in the article as well
as some wonderful beef and turkey jurkey that my shire has stumbled upon.

Maybe I can convince the members of the camp where I'll be staying, Camp
Testosterone with the "Lost Boys"(I didn't name it, blame Duke Ossis.) that period
dishes can taste good too.  I'm even hoping I can get them to eat real gruel for
breakfast!

Anyway, a round of applause for the article.

Yers,

Gunthar