SC - Two questions...

Lasairina at aol.com Lasairina at aol.com
Thu May 1 21:20:44 PDT 1997

Alys of Foxdale writes:

> Me, I would be very suspicious of this.  I have read (although I don't
>  remember where) that storing garlic and other things in oil like this
>  is not exactly the safest thing in the world.

Actually, preserving garlic cloves in oil is okay, and the oil is wonderful
for cooking after the cloves are used up.  Graham Kerr uses it frequently in
recipes.  I, too, would be a little leary if it fizzed, though.  Can oil
ferment?

Garlic in vinegar is the bad one, so I've heard.  For some reason, the acid
in the vinegar reacts badly with the garlic, which then reacts very badly
with you....

Lassar Fhina