SC - Mushrooms! -Reply

Marvette Gleason mgleason at corp.ultratech.com
Fri May 2 10:22:00 PDT 1997

One thing I really love and freezes well: (while not necessarily period it =
is a wonderful recipe)

3 lbs Sliced Mushrooms
1 bag of Colombo Stuffing Bread Crumbs (in the bread section or make your =
own)
4-10 cloves of fresh garlic finely chopped
1 lb butter
1 cup red wine
1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (more or less if desired)
1/2 cup Finely Chopped Parsley
salt & pepper
2 packages of puff pastry sheets
1 beaten egg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Remove puff pastry from packages and let thaw.

Melt butter in very large skillet.  Add Garlic and saut=E9 until lightly =
browned.  Add mushrooms, wine and salt & pepper, saut=E9 until mushrooms =
are cooked.  Add parsley and stir, then add bread crumbs and parmesan, mix =
thoroughly.  Check seasoning - add more if necessary.

Cut puff pastry sheets into three even strips (along the fold lines).  =
Roll each piece out widthwise until almost double in width.  Put mushroom =
mixture lengthwise onto the puff pastry and roll like a burrito.  Seal the =
edge with a little of the beaten egg.  Cut each roll into about 8 pieces.

Bake at 400 degrees until pastry is golden brown (approx.  10 - 15 =
minutes)

(for tips look at the sausage roll recipe on the puff pastry box.)

>>> =22Jeanne Stapleton=22 <jstaplet=40adm.law.du.edu> 05/02/97 10:29am =

Okay:  I got a five-lb flat of fresh mushrooms in lovely shape as=20
part of a bonus for working with the SCA group at the public TV=20
station this week.  Since I=27m not going to eat that much stroganoff=20
in the next week or so, I=27d like some suggestions/recipes/sources on:

	-interesting ways to pickle
	- interesting snack/appetizer things for a Pelican vigil next =
Friday
	- things other than stroganoffing or sauteeing

Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands